Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Peace On Earth - What the Bible Really Teaches - Lesson 1

Peace On Earth, Is it possible?  We will examine what the bible really teaches in lesson 1 of this topic.  During these lessons we will be using the bible as the main authority to answer the topic for each lesson.
                                                                       
Peace On Earth

There will be reference material given at the end of each lesson for you to do further research on your own.  There is no charge for receiving this information. 

First, let me tell you about myself and how I became interested in learning more about God and the bible.  I was raised by a Mother who was searching for bible truth back in the early 60's when there was talk of war with Cuba. 

She was certain that Castro would march up Florida, where my family was living, and kill them all.  She started reading in the book of Revelation and could not understand the meaning of the different descriptive topics it mentions.

She would ask her preacher but he could not answer her questions from the bible.  He would say it was a mystery.  So, she visited different religions asking her questions but not getting any answers that were from the scriptures that satisfied her.

It was at this time that her sister-n-law, my Aunt was contacted by Jehovah's Witnesses and she accepted a free home bible study program.  She was so excited to finally get answers to her bible questions that she told my Mother about her study with the Witnesses.

My Mother requested that the instructor come to see her and she too accepted a free home bible study program.  She would ask lots of questions about world conditions and the Revelation account and the instructor used the bible to answer her questions along with a bible study book based on the bible published by the Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society of New York.

She absorbed all the information like a sponge and began attending meetings at the local Kingdom Hall right away.  She was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1962 and that is how I came to learn "What the Bible Really Teaches" too.


At the young age of 8 years old I began to understand that what I was hearing was not made up stories but they were talking about people who actually had lived on the earth and that there was a supreme being who was in charge of all living things.

The story of Noah and the flood is the one I loved the most.  I loved animals and playing outdoors and every time I heard the speaker talk about him collecting all the animals and putting them inside the Ark made my heart leap with joy.  Genesis chapter 6 and 7

I too wanted to live at peace with the animals.  But, how could I when animals were not friendly.  I wanted to ride on a Zebra and pet a Giraffe.  I wanted to raise one of every kind of animal God had put on the earth.  Genesis chapter 1.

 
 
How would we get to the point of living on a peaceful earth when there were so many wars and so much violence in the world?  The bible had the answer to that question as well.  It would not be man who could bring these changes, but it would take God and his powerful angels to bring about peace to the earth.
How!  Read the accounts in Matthew chapter 24, Mark chapter 13 and Luke chapter 21 and see what Jesus told his disciples over 2,000 years ago would take place in order to bring peace to the earth.
 
Next, week we will continue on this topic with Lesson 2.  In the meantime, if you have questions feel free to send me an email by clicking this link:  Bible Questions Answered
 
Note:  Click on each bible scripture for reference material and further discussion on this topic.